Thorncrown Chapel | Eureka Springs, AR | Kristina + Kyle
Location of Wedding: Thorncrown Chapel, Eureka Springs, AR
Location of Reception: 1886 Crescent Hotel, Eureka Springs, AR
Cake Maker: Cravings by Rochelle (Eureka Springs, AR)
Wedding Planner: The Bride- Kristina, but Tiffany McCallister coordinated the day!
Band: The Time Bandits based out of Branson, MO https://www.facebook.com/TheTimeBandits/?fref=ts
First Dance Song: Love of a Lifetime by Firehouse
Dress Boutique: The Bridal Cottage (N. Little Rock, AR)
Grooms Tux: Express
Caterer: 1886 Crescent Hotel
Florist: Eureka Flowers (Eureka Springs, AR)
Hair/Makeup: Hair, Danielle House (Marshall, AR) The Bride is a Mary Kay Consultant, and did her own gorgeous Makeup!
Minister: Daniel Griffin
Video: Corey and River Shelman of Handcrafted Media (Conway, AR)
This Wedding was one for the dreamers, the romantics, and the fun people!…These two know how to plan a day filled of romantic/timeless details, and they also can throw one heck of a party! The atmosphere was chill, not only the mood, but the temperatures! Kristina and Kyle were such troopers to head out with me and Michael outside in freezing temps! Cheers to this stunning couple! These lovebirds were made for each other! Check out this Wedding Interview!
- How did you two meet?
We’ve known each other all our lives but since he is a few years older, we had different friends. Our paths have crossed a thousand times but the timing was never right until November of 2013.
- How did he pop the question?
We were at a favorite locals spot on the Buffalo River called Shine Eye. After sitting on the river bank for an hour or so, he told me to stand up and he got down on one knee. When he asked I said, “holy cow!” Followed by, “of course I will!”
- What was your favorite moment(s) from the wedding?
Our first look was the absolute best moment of the day. People sometimes think this moment takes away from the ceremony, but it doesn’t. We got to have two special moments of seeing each other that day!
- How long have you been together?
Just over two years.
- How would you describe your overall wedding experience?
I don’t think Kyle and I could have picked better vendors and venues for our wedding day. Both of us loved everything about it, especially the music we chose. My goal was to have no regrets about my wedding and I accomplished that.
- What photography-related advice would you offer to a couple?
I could write a book on this! However, my best advice is that happy couples are the prettiest. Smile the entire day away! It goes by so incredibly fast so don’t worry about things like decorations or the cake. Appoint someone else to worry about those things. Focus on you and your marriage and you will grin from ear to ear!
- Tell me about your dress. Where did you find it, how did you choose it, how did you know it was the one? Who was the designer?
I found my dress at my first appointment at the Bridal Cottage in North Little Rock. My consultant was absolutely amazing. Alli brought me 7 or so dresses exactly what I was asking for…long sleeves! When I thought I had settled on one, I asked her about a short sleeved dress with a higher neckline. I wanted to try it even though it didn’t have the sleeves I wanted. I fell in love with the dress before we even had it buttoned!
- How was your experience taking photos/working with me, Sheri Holloway Photography, on your wedding day?http://www.sherihollowayphotography.com
Sheri is absolutely amazing! I felt so comfortable and relaxed. She listened to me when I had suggestions, but for the most part I just let her do her thing because I trusted her.
- Did you see each other before the wedding? If not, did you like waiting or would you have rather done it differently? Tell me why or why not!
- Any tips that you have about preparing your wedding party for the photos? What did you tell them, how did you get them to cooperate, what did you do or what would you have done differently?
- Hire someone to do your Hair, and Makeup, it’s worth the splurge!
- We love to hear about vendors you love.
- All of them were amazing!
- Describe the Favors for your wedding guests.
Kyle and I both love the Hobbit film trilogy. I made custom seed packets myself with my favorite quote from those movies on the back with loblolly pine seeds included. The quote read, “Go back to your books and your armchair. Plant your trees, watch them grow. If more people valued home above gold, this world would be a merrier place.” We also knew that not everyone would get the reference, so I had custom coasters made to match the seed packets.
- What kind of food was served at your reception?
We chose a BBQ buffet from the Crescent. We had brisket and chicken with all of the fixings!
- What was the vision for your wedding? Style/Colors/Theme?
I used the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit as my inspiration for my wedding. I wanted everything to look very ethereal and woodland, so I used mostly fresh greenery instead of flowers. There were a few hidden treasures that only Tolkien/Peter Jackson fans would recognize. My cake topper was designed to look like the crown of the king of the woodland elves and the golden cake was guarded by a small dragon figurine. I couldn’t have chosen better venues to make my day perfect.