Location of Wedding: Integrity Hills Chapel
Location of Reception: The Stables
Cake Maker: Big Cedar Bakery
Wedding Planner: Julia Paschke
DJ: Ryan @ Complete Music
First Dance Song: The Perfect Storm by Brad Paisley
Dress Boutique: Moliere Bridal, Oklahoma City
Grooms Tux: Krutchers Western Store, Duncan OK__
Caterer: Big Cedar Catering
Florist: Sarah Rein/ Branson Party Rentals
Hair/Makeup: Simply Red Salon
Event Rentals: Branson Party Rentals
Minister: Greg Gunn
Photographer: Sheri Holloway Photography/Branson, MO
Second Shooter: Michael Rogers
Videographer: Kristin Leach
- How did you two meet? Adam and I met unexpectedly when I went out one night in Oklahoma City. I had lived a life to set myself up to meet a boy in a church small group—and as the Lord would have it, I met my husband on the one random night I decided to go to a country concert at a local bar in town. Super embarrassing☺. We danced to one song and that was it. He got my number and I left. We went on our first date 2 weeks later and that was that!
- How did he pop the question? With my hometown being in Illinois, Adam had a real challenge of asking my parents for my hand in marriage—they were 10 hours away. We were traveling to Virginia for my brother’s graduation and Adam had convinced me he’d be asking my parents that weekend. I completely believed him. I had gone to school out in Virginia as well and we were walking Adam around my alma mater. Him and I went up to a mountain I had hiked many times, literally mid conversation while some high school girls were taking our picture he got down on one knee and asked. I was absolutely shell shocked. I then found out he had flown to my hometown 4 weeks prior without me knowing about it! So crazy and fun!
- What was your favorite moment(s) from the wedding? Big Cedar provided the most fairytale setting I could have ever dreamed up. I don’t even have one specific moment because there was a moment from each part of the day!
- How long have you been together? We got engaged 2 years from the date we met and were married 4 ½ months later!
- What advice would you offer to other couples planning a wedding? The best advice I received played a huge role in the enjoyment of our wedding. A dear friend of mine said, “Go into your wedding with very little expectations so everything you experience is just the way it should be! And not what you thought it should or should not have been.” Every detail of our wedding was perfect in my eyes because I wasn’t comparing it to what I thought it should have been. Comparison kills contentment. My prayer is that I carry the same principle into a lifelong marriage with Adam.
- What photography-related advice would you offer to a couple? Trust your photographer.
- How was your experience taking photos/working with me on your wedding day? You were extremely engaged in trying to figure out what type of photos I would want and I really appreciate that. Some photographers seem to get wrapped up in the direction they want their business to go that they lose out on the personalities of the couple they are working with.
- Did you see each other before the wedding? If not, did you like waiting or would you have rather done it differently? Tell me why or why not! We did a first look at Big Cedar and are so glad we did! Doing a first look allowed us to capture great photos with each other and with our bridal party before the ceremony. We had plenty of time allotted for pictures after the ceremony—it’s just the last thing you want to be doing knowing you can go and talk with all of your friends!